Time & Location
Sep 25, 2021, 1:00 PM
About the Event
- Does the idea of negotiating for money make you cringe?
- Do you have trouble figuring out what your worth is in the job market and how to command that in your existing/desired role?
- Are you lost on where to start when preparing for a negotiation conversation?
- If you answer yes to one of these questions, then this workshop is for you! In this experiential and interactive workshop, you'll learn 3 keys to identifying how to prepare for a salary negotiation conversation. We will walk through negotiation tactics for two main scenarios: when you currently hold a position in an organization and would like a raise and/or additional benefits or change in job; when you are interviewing for a job in a new organization.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops & events are for recreational purposes and are not regulated by the bureau of proprietary school supervision.
If this class is recorded, students will be sent the recording link within 7 days after class completion by email. Students are encouraged to download and save any shared materials (worksheets, deck if applicable) during class for later reference as they are not be shared by email.Takeaways
- Engage in exercises to help you become more comfortable with a salary negotiation discussion
- Learn about a simple formula for preparing for all negotiation conversations, even outside of salary negotiation
- Gain insights into tools that help you determine your worth in the job market
- Learn tips on how to follow through your negotiation goals despite your fears
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This class will occur completely online using Zoom.
- Class setup information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your class launches.
- Each individual class participant must have purchased a ticket.
This event is not affiliated with ARW.